If you decide to participate in the Alone Together project, one member of the Research Team will call you to have a conversation about these questions. You contact us if you want to receive more information about the project.
- Can you tell me a little about yourself and when you came to Australia?
- Do you have any close family members? If, yes, could you tell me a little bit about them? (Prompts What do you do together? What family activities do you take part in? How often do you talk to those family members? Do you talk on the phone, face-to-face, online?)
- Do you have any informal (unpaid) carers assisting you? e.g. siblings, partner etc.
- Do you have any close friends/friends? If, yes, could you tell me a little bit about them? (Prompts What do you do together? What activities do you take part in? How often do you talk to those friends? Do you talk on the phone, face-to-face, online?)
- Do you take part in any social activities, such as groups, volunteering or social events (which ones? how often? how do they feel about it? what activities would they like to be part of? etc)
- Can you tell me about your neighbourhood/community (what do you think about it?)
- What might help you feel more connected to other people? (on its own ‘connected’ could possibly be misunderstood).
- Thinking about your life before COVID19, can you tell me a little about your day and routines and how you spend your time? During the week, weekends?
- How is your health? How do you feel about managing any health problems that you have?
- Does anyone help you manage your healthcare, such as appointments and any tests you may need, or medication that you might take?
- Can you tell me something about how you keep well (prompts eg exercise, diet, groups, family)?
- What social or healthcare services do you use? Has COVID19 impacted on your access to those services? Have you used any telehealth options and what were your experiences?
- Have you visited your GP recently or seen another healthcare provider such as a nurse, physiotherapist or pharmacist? (where? Do they speak your language? Did you use phone / video call / internet to contact them?)
- Do you feel that you have the right information from your healthcare providers so that you can manage your health condition?
- Have you heard of My Health Record and if you have, do you use it or have someone help you to use it, such as your healthcare provider?
- Have you used any technologies lately? Which ones? How do you use them? Has this usage changed with COVID-19? Eg health, social, family. What has been made easier/more difficult?
- Is there anything else you would like to add?
Object elicitation: Questions to be answered with photograph or showing the object during interview.
- Can you please show me or send me a photograph of an object that comes from the place you were born? (e.g. object, place, plant, food, pet)
- Can you please show me or send me a photograph of something that makes you feel connected to family members or friends (e.g. object, place, plant, food, pet)?
- Or make it simpler Can you please show me or send me a photograph of your favorite object?